Coronavirus Symptoms include:
Fever, Dry cough, Tiredness, Breathlessness (difficulty to breath), loss of sense of taste and smell, etc. Symptoms can vary from person to person.
If you do have the any of the above symptoms, do contact your family doctor/ physician/ local medical centre immediately and seek medical advice. There is no need to panic if you have caught a common cold/flu. But it is important that you are constantly monitoring your symptoms.
HBCSE successfully conducted a Covid-19 Vaccination camp on June 18, 2021. 270 numbers were vaccinated in this camp which included staff and their family members.
Covid-19 Prevention Protocol to be followed at HBCSE, Version 3 [18 December 2020]
HBCSE’s Older Orders relating to COVID-19 (consolidated)
- HBCSE Advisory (5 August 2021)
- HBCSE Advisory (12 July 2021)
- TIFR Guidelines (April 2, 2021)
- HBCSE Advisory and Guidelines (18 March 2021)
- HBCSE Advisory (29 January 2021)
- HBCSE Advisory (27 January 2021)
- HBCSE Advisory (6 November 2020)
- HBCSE Advisory (5 October 2020)
- HBCSE Advisory (7 September 2020)
- HBCSE advisory unlock Phase 3 (August 4, 2020)
- HBCSE advisory unlock Phase 2 (July 6, 2020)
- HBCSE advisory unlock Phase 1 (June 4, 2020)
- HBCSE advisory lockdown 3rd phase (May 7, 2020)
- HBCSE advisory lockdown 2nd phase (April 19, 2020)
- TIFR MEETINGS, TRAVEL & LEAVE, ADDITIONAL PRECAUTIONS AGAINST COVID-19 (March 16, 2020)
- TIFR MEDICAL, ADDITIONAL PRECAUTIONS AGAINST COVID-19 (March 16, 2020)
- TIFR GRADUATE SCHOOL, ADDITIONAL PRECAUTIONS AGAINST COVID-19 (March 16, 2020)
- TIFR PRECAUTIONS AGAINST COVID-19 (March 12, 2020)
Pre-Entry Form [June 2020]
If HBCSE members wish to visit the centre for work, they are required to the fill the pre-entry form.
Hands-free doors at the centre [16 June 2020]
The technical team at HBCSE have made modifications to the washroom-doors at the centre so that users need not touch the door handle to open and close it.
Covid-19 Prevention Protocol to be followed at HBCSE, 6 June, 2020, Version 1 [7 June 2020, updated 13 June 2020]
Handing over the Old Hostel Building at HBCSE to BMC [22 May 2020]
The Old Hostel building on HBCSE campus has been handed over to the BMC to house their medical staff. No HBCSE staff member is permitted to enter the cordoned off area around the old hostel, which has been handed over to them.
Modifications to the Vehicle [17 April, 2020]
As a precautionary measure, HBCSE took up a project to modify one of the office vehicles used to transport staff members to enhance the protection of the driver and passengers from exposure to infection. The technical team comprising of Mr. Jacob, Mr. Ahire and Mr. Bhagit completed the task. The modifications enable the vehicle also to be used to transport possible COVID infected staff or family members if such an eventuality were to arise. Note that the vehicle modification has been done as a precaution even though HBCSE has not had a single suspected or confirmed covid-19 case on campus (17 April 2020). The modifications of the vehicle include:
- Wearing of mask on campus is compulsory as per BMC’s orders dated April 8, 2020. [8 April 2020]
- The number of residents on campus has been cut down drastically with residents not leaving the campus except for purchasing essential items. [April 2020]
- Quarantine facilities have been set up on campus for tackling potential quarantine cases. [March-April, 2020]
- Basic essential services (like Canteen and Quarantine) are operational on campus. Other essential services like core administrative tasks continue on reduced staff. [March-April 2020]
- Needless to say, our centre’s regular activities will slow down and more efforts and attention is being paid to operations and services needed to tackle COVID-19. [March 2020]
- As of 25 March 2020, 0000 hrs onwards, a nation wide lockdown has been implemented for 21 days. This lockdown is not applicable to essential services, as stated by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA), Government of India.
(See Order by National Disaster Management Authority and Guidelines as listed in the Annexure of MoHA Order No 40-3/2020-D Dated 24.03.2020).